SPARK ARPC PROGRAM
The SPARK Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant Designation The SPARK Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant (ARPC) designation is awarded to sales and marketing professionals who have demonstrated the knowledge required to help employers sponsor plans that enable employees to effectively save and plan for retirement.
Everything you need to know about applying for, earning and maintaining the ARPC designation can be found in the Candidate Handbook. Be sure to read it thoroughly as it contains information important to you and your career credentials. You are strongly encouraged to become familiar with the contents of the Candidate Handbook prior to applying for certification. It contains important policies and procedures and provides the details and directions you will need to apply for, earn and maintain the ARPC designation.
Requirements for Certification
Individuals interested in earning the ARPC designation must be able to:
- Document 1 year of full-time experience in the retirement plan industry
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a current work supervisor
- Pass the ARPC exam
The Application Process & Fees
Applying for the ARPC program is easy:
- Download the Candidate Handbook and complete the Application forms which include fees for the designation program and the optional online training courses that help you prepare for the exam.
- Ask your Supervisor to complete the Supervisor Recommendation form.
- Submit the completed forms with your payment information to the SPARK ARPC Certification at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified by email of your acceptance as a candidate for the ARPC designation.
The exam was developed by retirement plan industry subject matter experts. It is a 2-hour, 100-question multiple choice exam. The test questions are selected based on the Exam Outline available in the Candidate Handbook.
Once you receive your acceptance email, you can schedule your exam date and test site by calling the Comira Candidate Services Call Center. Additional exam scheduling information is provided in the Handbook.
Preparing for the Exam
The ARPC Exam Outline is your study guide for the ARPC exam. Optional training materials and courses are also available from SPARK Institute.
Maintaining your Designation
ARPC certification status is granted on a calendar year basis. Certification renewal requires that you complete 10 continuing education credits each calendar year following the year in which you earn your designation.
The Instructions and Renewal Application Forms are attached for you to report your continuing education.