ONLINE TRAINING COURSE FEATURES
SPARK offers online courses to the retirement plan industry. Below are some course features:
- Estimates of the average time to complete each course are provided in the course catalog. Since every learner is different, the actual completion times will vary. Learning style, previous experience, and ability to focus are just some of the factors that may influence how long it takes a learner to successfully complete each course.
- The courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Upon completion of the registration process, learners will be provided with a registration email with instructions on how to access the course.
- There are several options for navigation. Learners can move between screens by clicking on the syllabus located in the side bar or by using standard navigation tools including backward and forward arrows.
- Learning objectives for each course are provided which outline the material covered in the exam. The basic concepts being taught are supplemented with illustrations and examples to enhance understanding of the material.
- Interactive exercises help learners apply the concepts being presented. All the exercises are optional, but we recommend that learners try them since they are helpful for clarifying concepts.
- There is an objective final exam at the end of each course. Learners are allowed 2 attempts to pass the final exam.
- A passing score of 80% is required for successful completion of the online training. If a passing score is not received on either of the two attempts, a reset may be requested. Please note a course will not be reset until all of a learner’s other registered course work has been completed to avoid multiple resets and fees.
- Support is available throughout the course access period. A facilitator from the SPARK Institute will help with any issues. Learners will receive a response to any email, regardless of the topic, within 48 hours.
- The basic system requirements are:
Browser Software: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox 2 or later
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 758 or better
Adobe Flash: Version 10 or later
Java Runtime: Required/any version
Adobe Acrobat Reader: Required/any version
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org